First, and most importantly we hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. The situation with COVID-19 has developed rapidly and continues to change fast. Lake Area Mortgage is committed to assisting you in the best way possible during this time – all while keeping you informed as the situation evolves. Out of an abundance of caution and consistent with the nationwide efforts to aggressively combat the spread of the virus, we have initiated a few changes to our processes.
IMPACTS TO OUR CUSTOMERS
- Submit mortgage payments to any Lake Area Bank branch drive-thru – Per experts’ advice to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we are asking our customers who typically bring their mortgage payments into our Shoreview office to bring them to their nearest Lake Area Bank drive-thru location (see Lake Area Bank’s COVID-19 updates). You may visit Lake Area Bank’s location page here or contact your Mortgage Banker for more information.
- Utilize our Secure Email, eFax or Portal Upload option for sending sensitive documents – In today’s society we are fortunate to have access to online file sharing possibilities. It is our top priority to make sure information is shared safe and secure. Please consult with your Mortgage Banker to find the best way to submit files to suit your needs.
- Beware of scams — Criminals often take advantage of situations like these to impersonate companies, charities or government agencies. Keep an eye out for suspicious looking or sounding emails, text messages, or phone calls. Remember, Lake Area Mortgage or Lake Area Bank employees will never ask you for any sensitive information via email.
WHAT WE’RE DOING
- Social Distancing – We respect our community leaders’ advice to limit our contact between others during this time. Lake Area Mortgage is committed to the safety of our customers and employees. Staff are encouraged to limit non-essential business travel and in-person group meetings as much as possible. While working to minimize staff shortages – we are prepared to allow work-from-home options for our employees. Staff working in-office are reminded of the importance of keeping all areas clean with access to proper cleaning supplies.
- Constant situation monitoring – Like you, we’re watching the situation closely via reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and taking every proactive step necessary to continue operating safely and effectively.
WHAT OUR COMMUNITY CAN DO
- Stay informed, educated and calm – We are honored to be a community bank and mortgage company. With that, comes a responsibility to make sure our community comes together (not literally, of course) to help navigate our way through uneasy times effectively and calmly. We encourage our community to follow advice on national, state and community levels to keep yourself and others safe. For up-to-date information and details on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please refer to the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
As we continue to monitor the situation, we will provide additional updates on changes that could impact your mortgage servicing needs.